LP Press May 26, 2017
Field Day is going strong! The sun is shining and kids are enjoying a variety of fun filled activities. This is definitely one of the yearly traditions that kids, staff and parents alike all enjoy thoroughly.
Please read through this week’s LP Press May 26, 2017. It is the last issue of the year, so please take some time to read through the information enclosed.
As we wind down the last days, please make note of a few pieces of information.
• Our Last Whole School Meeting will take place on the last day of school, Thursday, June 1, 2017 @ 1:10pm (note the change of the start time).
• Report cards will be visible through the parent portal as early as June 5, 2017. All report cards will be mailed home the week of June 14, 2017.
• The calendar on the LP Website will be updated with fall dates (including Curriculum Nights) the week of June 5, 2017.
• Our last LP Parent Book Club Meeting for the book, How to Raise A Child by Julie Lythcott-Haims will take place on Thursday, June 15th at 7:00pm. We will be meeting at The Streets of Woodfield Starbucks in their meeting room. We will discuss the remaining parts of the book. We look forward to seeing you there!
• Our Back to School Community Picnic & Supply Drop Off will take place on Thursday, August 17, 2017.
Lastly, we have one more staff announcement to make. Kathy Gomberg, our Instrumental Music teacher, will be leaving at the conclusion of this year. Kathy will be taking over as the new Orchestra Director at Keller Jr. High here in District 54. Please join us in wishing her well in her next adventure!
Have a wonderful long weekend!
Amanda Stochl & Julie Gluff