|Dear Lincoln Prairie community,
As we conclude the second week of the school year and first for our kindergartners, we are pleased at the progress we are making towards building relationships and establishing routines. We are extremely proud of how our students are showing up to learn each day. They are participating, engaging with their teacher and classmates and digging in to the learning in front of them. We are also pleased with what our teachers and staff are doing to plan and present the curriculum and learning standards while also finding time to prioritize supporting families through this transition. Parents, we appreciate all that you are doing not only to support your child at home, but to positively partner with us. The calls and emails with teachers and other staff to problem solve glitches and discuss needs for routines have truly shown the strength of our partnership. Please continue to reach out with questions and feedback.
Nurse’s Office Reminders
Just a reminder that required health information still needs to be provided to the Lincoln Prairie Health Office, even though we are in remote learning. The requirements are as follows:
· Kindergarten: Health Physical with updated immunizations, eye exam and dental exam.
· 2nd: Dental exam
· 6th: Health Physical with updated immunizations and a dental exam.
Parents can provide the forms via e-mail to [email protected] , fax, US mail or drop-off. Thank You!!
Parent Teacher Student Association Information
Did you sign up for your Parent Teacher Student Association membership? Did you order your spirit wear yet? If not, you still have time! Parent Teacher Student Association orders are due today, Sept 4th by 10pm! Click here to place your order!!
September 7: No school-Labor Day
September 8-11: Virtual Measures of Academic Progress testing for grades K-5
September 14-18: Virtual Measures of Academic Progress testing for grades 6-8
September 16: Student Non Attendance Day – District 54 International Dot Day-no live sessions
Measures of Academic Progress Testing Update
Measures of Academic Progress testing will begin for K-5 next Tuesday, Sept. 8th. Measures of Academic Progress testing for our middle level students will take place Sept. 14th-18th. This year the computer based assessment will be administered to the students while they are in a remote environment. The purpose of the assessment will be to inform teachers of the immediate instructional needs of students.
We want to partner with you to make this Measures of Academic Progress assessment as successful as possible! If your family has any technical difficulties while attempting to complete the assessment you can call our Measures of Academic Progress hotline at: 847-357-5153.
Important Details on the Virtual Measures of Academic Progress Assessment:
· K-5 students should have received an email from their child’s classroom teacher or proctor that details the date, time, and zoom link for your child’s reading and math Measures of Academic Progress assessment.
· Students in grades kindergarten and first grade will begin a test session on Zoom with the teacher. A caregiver must be present to support the child logging into Zoom and into the test session.
· Our students in second grade through eighth grade will be proctored by a teacher via Zoom while they complete the assessment.
· Time limits are in place for the virtual Measures of Academic Progress assessment:
o K-2: 90 minutes
o 3-8: 120 minutes
· If your child does not complete the Measures of Academic Progress assessment in this window, the test will not be scored.
· Attached to this email you will find two resources to assist you in supporting your child before, during, and after the MAP assessment.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to your child’s teacher for more information.
Amanda Stochl & Amanda Moore